5 Eye-Opening Sales Stats You Should Read
(Print And Share With Your Sales Team)
- Word Count: 363
- Time To Read: 1.4 Minutes
1. Salespeople Give Up Way Too Early - 50% of all salespeople (and most likely yours) stop calling or sending information, for at least 9 to 12 months or altogether, to a prospective buyer or referral source after their FIRST unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward. This number skyrocketed to 80% to 85% after their second attempt and virtually 95% to 98% after a salesperson's third unsuccessful attempt.
2. It Takes 15+ Touches By A Salesperson To Close A Sale - In a medium- to high-value business-to-business sale, it takes 15+ conventional touches by a salesperson (telephone conversations, face-to-face meetings, voicemail messages, personal e-mails, letters, and so on) before they close a cold prospect or referral partner.
3. All Salespeople Use Subjective Follow-Up Dates (This Is Huge) - 100% of all salespeople choose a subjective follow-up date to call a prospect after an unsuccessful attempt at moving the sales process forward. In other words, a salesperson determines when THEY think a prospect would be ready to learn about or buy what they are selling.
4. Salespeople Can't Predict When Their Hottest Prospects Will Close - 95% of all salespeople are unable to predict a prospect’s “proposal close date” with any degree of accuracy. Therefore, if a salesperson cannot predict when their hottest of prospects would close, how on earth can they predict when their database of warm/cold prospects will be ready to learn/buy what they are selling? They can’t; now reread bullet #3 above.
5. Prospects Forget 80% Of What They're Told - When talking on the phone with a salesperson, a prospect forgot 80% of what they were told in less than 60-minutes (when asked, they couldn't even remember the salesperson's name). In face-to-face meetings, where a prospective buyer is more engaged in what a salesperson is saying, it takes less than 24-hours before they forget 80% of what they were told.
Summary: The five data points listed above (and many more) are the reasons why you need to install a drip marketing system at your business. The good news is this: Your competitors are making these same mistakes, which represents a huge sales and marketing opportunity for you!
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
To hire Glenn for your next conference, visit DripMarketingSpeaker.com.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.