6 Types Of Discovery Questions
Winning Salespeople Use
(PRINT AND USE AT YOUR NEXT SALES MEETING)
By Glenn Fallavollita, President of SellMorePayroll.com & Drip Marketing, Inc.
- Word Count: 274
- Time To Read: 66 Seconds
One thing successful salespeople have in common is their ability to ask the right type of discovery questions during the sales process – questions that relate to someone’s problems, needs, desires, wants, likes, and dislikes.
The 6 Types Of Discovery Questions Winning Salespeople Use.
To help you get better at asking discovery questions during the sales process, I have listed below a group of questions to ask a prospective buyer:
- Current Situation Questions – At the start of the call, successful salespeople ask data-gathering questions about facts and background. Hint: Keep Current Situation Questions to a minimum during your data gathering process, as these types of questions will frustrate decision-makers.
- Current Problem-Related Questions – After getting the necessary background questions out of the way, it is now time to explore all the problems (issues, difficulties, and dissatisfactions) this person has with their current situation. It’s been my experience that inexperienced salespeople don’t ask enough Problem-Related Questions.
- Financial Questions – After getting a handle on someone’s problems, it is now time to quantify these problems to a dollar value. Additionally, this will help quantify the seriousness of a prospect’s problem as well.
- Pain Solving Questions – This is where you get a prospect to tell you the benefits they would see if you were able to solve their pain/problem(s).
- Closing Questions – This is where you ask a prospect questions to finalize the selling process, e.g., moving forward with a “yes” or “no” decision.
- Overcoming Objection Statement/Questions – Should a prospect be on the fence about moving forward, this is where you need to address each issue a person may have with a buying decision.
About The Author:
Glenn Fallavollita is a nationally recognized keynote speaker providing money-making advice to help owners, sales pros, and marketing gurus build more profitable relationships with their database of prospects, referral partners, and clients.
Additionally, Glenn is the president of Drip Marketing, Inc. and has written 50+ whitepapers and three sales/self-marketing books, Supercharge Your Payroll Sales NOW!, Stop Whining AND Start Selling, and Drip Marketing: A Powerful New Marketing Strategy That Gets Prospects To Buy From You. He also writes blogs for LinkedIn and other national websites.
To hire Glenn for your next conference, visit DripMarketingSpeaker.com.
© Drip Marketing, Inc. All Rights Reserved May Not Be Used Without Written Permission.